A complete solution with 9 modules
Thanks to its design, CoCPit's modules can be deployed independently of each other :
- BCR : Belgian Extended Credit Risk Information System (Becris - AnaCredit). This module allows financial institutions and leasing companies to respect the Becris - AnaCredit regulation in the Belgian context, consisting in reporting professional and, in a later stage, private loans and financial leasing contracts to the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) which, on its turn, reports to the European Central Bank.
- CICR (CKP-CCP) : Central Individual Credit Register of the NBB. In order to tackle excessive indebtedness, recommendations and rules must be followed and respected by financial institutions. One of the mandatory actions that a financial institution must undertake is to send information regarding its loans to the Central Credit Registers (Individuals and Corporates) of the NBB. Furthermore depending on the type of loan, consultation of the Central Credit Register is mandatory before any new loan can be granted.
- IDT : Identifin interrogation. Apart of the Dormant Assets motive, the National Register can also be queried through Identifin for AML motives and for CPC (Central Point of Contact) purposes.
- INS : Communication to credit insurers. It is frequent that financial institutions request the service of a credit insurer to avoid suffering from any loss arising from borrowers’ insolvency. Information about the operations concerned are then regularly exchanged with the credit insurance company (such as Atradius, Euler Hermes, etc.).
- MOB : Banking Mobility. The banking mobility module allows financial institutions to transfer, at the request of a final customer, his bank accounts and payment orders to another financial institution within an automated framework, while respecting the regulations and offcial imposed delays. This is realized by automatically exchanging the concerned files via Febelfin.
- DAS : Communication regarding Dormant Assets. In order to handle unclaimed dormant assets, the financial institutions are required to contact the assets’ holders and beneficiaries. They therefore send requests to the national client registers (National Register of Belgium, CDV/CDO, through IDENTIFIN) to get some extensive information on these stakeholders. In case the financial institutions have not received any positive answer from the assets' holders, they contact the Deposit and Consignment Office and send them the required information concerning the holders and dormant assets.
- CPC (CAP-PCC) : Communication with the Central Point of Contact of the NBB. This is a national register hosted at the NBB and containing accounts, financial contracts and transactions held by both resident and non-resident persons. Credit institutions, leasing companies and insurance companies have to report their clients accounts, contracts and transactions to the CPC central of the NBB. The new version of this module, CPC2, meets the requirements imposed by the latest legal evolutions, such as the new reporting frequency, which became incremental since 1/07/2020, and the new communication flow with the NBB.
A large functional coverage
CoCPit collects information regarding the financial products and their holders, cheks the information and sends it, depending on the module, to Central Credit Registers, credit insurers, the Deposit and Consignment Office (CDV/CDO). The feeding or reporting process is done following the required specifications and protocols of those third-party institutions. A high level of automation is present throughout all process stages.
CoCPit sends queries to Central Client and Credit Registers, credit insurers, National Register of Belgium or business information providers in order to retrieve specific or global information about the financial products and their holders. The results are checked, stored in CoCPit and available for consultation.
Moreover the results can be sent back to the financial institution information systems. This represents a real added value for the product manager as the results may influence their decisions. Queries can be scheduled to be generated either automatically or on demand through CoCPit on-line functionalities. Queries can be grouped in order to be cost efficient.
CoCPit offers a console and several visual functionalities to allow the communication manager to control the different stages of the feeding and questioning processes. Inflow and outflow messages are controlled, statuses are checked, logical and technical errors are tracked and handled.
Correct and improve
Every single feeding message or query is recorded and controlled by the Central Client and Credit Registers, the credit insurers, the Deposit and Consignment Office. In case of a negative response -- this could be a rejection by one of those third-parties -- CoCPit leads to the appropriate corrective functionalities. After correction, messages and queries are recycled and resubmitted to the concerned third-party.
Each information flow that passes through CoCPit from financial institutions to third-parties and vice-versa leaves numerous marks in CoCPit. All the business information remains accessible and can be exploited on-line or by background processes without penalizing the operating tasks.
CoCPit has been designed to have a high degree of configuration. Not only users, user groups, company visibility accesses and security rights can be configured but also values involved in the feeding, questioning, driving or other business processes.